Monday, January 14, 2013

First Impressions

The key to a good first impression is eye contact and a bright, welcoming smile. So just imagine my smiling face as I say, "Hello! Welcome to Hospitality Herald." 

My name is Katie and I am a manager for a popular corporate restaurant chain. I've been in the foodservice industry since I was sixteen years old and it is my passion to provide a warm, inviting restaurant where guests can relax and reconnect with their friends and family while they enjoy deliciously prepared cuisine. 

Hospitality Herald will be the place for foodservice professionals to gather and read inspiring ideas on how to best serve their guests. There will be tips, advice, stories, and maybe sometimes even a rant. It will be an uplifting place to share ideas and experiences. Your comments are welcome and encouraged. 

I first started my career as a host and when I was nineteen I began serving. I moved around a lot after that - going from Central Illinois, to Chicago for college, then to the suburbs, and back to Central Illinois. Since then I have worked as a Service Professional (a kind of assistant manager) and was promoted into restaurant management as of May 2011. As a restaurant manager, I have helped three different restaurants to achieve and maintain excellent guest service as measured by our guest satisfaction survey. My most recent restaurant in Northwestern Indiana has proved to be a bit more of a challenge than the others. Here in Hospitality Herald I will chronicle my attempts to promote a guest centered culture - the successes, the failures, the challenges, and the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment